Friday, October 4, 2013

Chicken Brine


I am making this blog post from my phone... This should be interesting. Okay, how to brine a chicken.
Let me tell you what a brine is and does first. A brine makes a chicken juicy and tender!
Okay, on to what a brine is. A brine is a mixture of warm water, salt, olive oil and sugar. That's it. Simple.


Here is what you need for your whole chicken brine.
2/3 cup sugar ** omit the sugar for doing whole30
3/4 cup salt (large grain sea salt or kosher salt)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 big pot
1 whole chicken
Warm water

Rinse your chicken and remove giblets. Set it aside.
Combine salt and sugar and fill your pot with warm water (remember your chicken has to go in too so leave room for your chicken. Don't fill your pot too full!
Make sure your sugar and salt dissolves and then place your chicken (breast side down) in your pot.
Cover and set in the fridge for 5-12 hours.  Yes, it's like a marinade but it's not because it's called a brine :)


Once you have left it in the fridge for 5-12 hours take it out and rinse your chicken off and pat it dry.
From here out feel free to follow these instructions for butter flying and cooking your chicken. Instead of the vegetables she uses feel free to use to ones I have planned for this dish roasted broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, and onion. Just follow her recipe and substitute where it's needed. 

I personally enjoy just salt, pepper, and parsley on my whole roasted chickens but I am leaving this one up to you guys! Let me know how you seasoned your vegetables and chicken and how it worked out :) 

Tomorrow I will have left over chicken and make a cobb salad with home made Sriricha aioli, egg, bacon, avocado, tomato, and lettuce.  Mmmmm! 


Happy Friday everyone! 






No comments:

Post a Comment