Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blackened Chicken Wings




My husband and I LOVE chicken wings.  
30 minutes and dinner can be on the table :) 



Crossfit WOD KILLER
I did 10 rounds in 20 minutes with 60 pounds.  I see that as a win!

Chicken Wings

2 lbs chicken wings
1 Tablespoon EVOO
1 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Combine spices and EVOO.  Put chicken wings in a bowl and toss them with the "paste" you have made.
Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place chicken wings on your baking sheet.
** I place a rack on top of the lined baking sheet so the wings get a bit crispier. Do not over crowd your chicken or it won't get crispy.
Bake for 30 minutes turning over at halfway point.
After they are done cooking I turn my oven to high broil and stick the wings under the broiler for 5-7 minutes or until the skin is crispy!




Enjoy with "no potato salad" and roasted asparagus.








This is my husband and I at the Shawnee Mission Park Mountain Bike Trails. 
It was around 95 degrees but it was a bit less horrendously hot back in the woods. 
Tomorrow we will be venturing to the river trails in Lawrence, KS! Always a blast! 

Happy Tuesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment