Monday, August 26, 2013

Pulled Pork


So it is 97 degrees here in Kansas... summer finally decided to show up.....a bit late!

WOW! If you are wanting a yummy summer meal here you go!
This is from Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook buy it!

Pulled Pork

1 onion
1 pork shoulder or butt (I had pork shoulder steaks -worked fine)
Amount can vary... I used 2.5 lbs

Dry rub
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoons onion powder
 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoons sea salt

Dice your onion and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Combine spices and rub into the pork.  Place your pork in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.  Turn your slow cooker down to low and cook for an additional 2 hours or until your pork falls apart.





What to have with it 

Homemade barbecue sauce 

Roasted Zucchini and Sweet Potato




Looking to make homemade mayo? Click here

Sarah suggests you make quite a few things ahead of time and I agree.  I made my mayo, ranch, bbq sauce, and boiled eggs on Sunday. I also chopped most of my veggies for easy meal prep. 


Happy Monday Everyone! 






No comments:

Post a Comment