Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Carne Asada


This recipe comes straight from the Paleo Cupboard 

http://www.paleocupboard.com/carne-asada.html

I love carne asada but the marinade we used to use was full of high fructose syrup and other ingredients I can't pronounce like most marinades from a store.  This was fresh and delicious!  We didn't have any charcoal for the grill so I cooked it inside. It was still delicious but I am sure it would have been amazing on the grill because that is how I imagined it! I did not use the coconut aminos.   I know, shame.  But they don't have it at Aldi! There fore I omit it in the recipe. I am sure it is delicious though! 

We love having onion with our carne asada so that is something I always add in.  Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and heat over medium high flame.  Add in onion and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.  Stir occasionally.  




 Oh yeah remember that hummus I made earlier?!  
Works fabulous as a "refried bean" substitute. You are welcome ;)


Garnishes
avocado
guacamole
salsa
shredded cabbage 
lettuce 


No comments:

Post a Comment