Saturday, August 17, 2013

Blackened Chicken


Happy Saturday everyone!

Helen... Oh Helen...What a killer WOD!

Here it is:

I finished mine in 15 minutes and 17 seconds. Ouch!
Did I forget to mention those were American Kettlebell swings?! I had to scale to 12k...

Micaela, who I work out with, came over and so kindly took one of my 3 dogs Sadie to spend the day with her.  I think she (Sadie) is enjoying it.

Here is what my lunch consisted of after my work out and protein shake. <-- These are a lot less expensive at Costco

Spicy Blackened Chicken-
4 Chicken Breast
2 t- EVOO
1 t -sea salt
3/4 t- paprika 
1/2 t- pepper
1/4 t -chili powder
1/4 t- cayenne pepper 
1/4 t- cumin
1/4 t- onion powder
1/4 t- thyme 
1/4 t- oregano
1 garlic clove, minced 

Make a paste with all of the ingredients.  Rub it into the chicken and put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes or while you heat up your grill. You don't have to do this chicken on the grill.  I did mine inside in a pan and it turned out great too. 
Grill on both sides until the internal temp of the chicken reads 165 degrees or higher or what ever your meat thermometer suggests. 

Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli 
1 T olive oil 
1 medium onion (optional but delicious)
1 t sea salt
pepper to taste 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
Cut your cauliflower and broccoli into small florets.  Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 
Put onto a baking sheet and spread it out evening and try to make sure the vegetables aren't touching. 
This will ensure they roast instead of steaming.  
Roast them for 15 minutes or until they are tender and are dark on the ends. 



Maybe not the most eye watering meal but it definitely helps with all of your vitamins and protein and tastes uh-mazing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment