Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fish Tacos



My Hamstrings hate me right now from the last two work outs.  They are so sore and I LOVE that! I am sure I look funny though with the way I am walking...

Okay, you know me, straight to the point. Plus, I don't have anything else to say :)
Another fast, easy meal. I prepped by making my pico on Sunday so it was easy to put together. Next Sunday I will write a post of what I make ahead of time to make for an easy week.

Pico
4-5 servings
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped (seeds removed)
  • 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (seeds removed)
  • 1/4 green onion (feel free to use red but I had green from chicken salad)
  • 1 t Kosher salt
  • 1 t fresh lime juice
  • 2 avocados diced (optional)


Fish Tacos 
4 servings

  • 1 lb white fish (about 6 filets) ** I used flounder... it was awesome and it was $4 at Aldi for wild caught flounder. 
  • 1 head of cabbage sliced 
  • sea salt - to taste 
  • pepper- to taste
  • 1 head of lettuce or romaine hearts 
  • Pico (see recipe above)
  • 1/2 T coconut oil (or EVOO).
Aioli 
6 servings

  • 1/2 mayo
  • 2 T sriracha sauce 
  • 1 t honey (optional)


Heat coconut oil in a medium size skillet over medium high heat.



Pat your filets dry and season your filets with salt and pepper. 

Place your filets in the preheated skillet 

Fry on both sides for about 2-4 minutes or so per side. 
Slice your cabbage 


In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup mayo and 2 T of sriracha sauce. Mix well. 
Take a lettuce leaf or romaine leaf and put a filet, pico, and cabbage inside and drizzle with the mayo and sriracha aioli. Done. Fish Tacos. :)


Nutrition Info 4 servings: 

Fish Tacos 

33g Carbs
33 g Fat 
105g protein
870 calories 

Nutrition Info for 6 servings:
Aioli 

 974 calories
100g fat 

Per serving fish tacos with Aioli 
379 calories 
33g Carbs 
24g fat
26g Protein

Don't want to make the Aioli?! Just use Sriracha or, red hot hot sauce by itself. Just make sure the ingredients are JUST vinegar and cayenne no additives or preservatives...


Happy Wednesday Everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment