Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Real Mayonaise

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Here was our work out this am.


9/24 

Every 1 min for 10 mins do:
2 Power Snatches
1 Overhead Squat, 70% 1RM
Every 1 min for 5 mins: Hang Squat Clean
2 Hang Squat Cleans, 70% 1RM
Then:
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 mins of:
5 Power Snatches, 95/65 lbs
6 Overhead Lunges, 95/65 lbs
5 Box Jumps, 24/20 in
Buyout
Ghd Parallel Isometric Holds 3×1 minute

If you are thinking about going to a gym check out crossfiti35 I would recommend this gym to anyone! Plus, it is where I go :)




Here is a recipe that I WISH I would have known about 2 years ago when I started eating paleo.

Every once in a while I CRAVE something "saucy" or "creamy".  Well, I had NO idea you could make mayo from just a few ingredients.  So, no further wait, here it is.


2 cups Light olive oil ** I use regular but I am sure light tastes better...
2 T apple cider vinegar
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 T yellow mustard
1 t sea salt
2 egg yolks

Put your two egg yolks and your vinegar in a mixer.  Blend for just a few seconds and stop.



Slowly add in your olive oil on a low speed. Just make sure it emulsifies before adding more.  Slowly slowly slowly add your olive oil in.



If it seems to separate stop and let it emulsify before you add more but don't over mix.  This takes me about 5 minutes to add all of the olive oil.

 Once it starts to thicken you can add it a BIT faster.  


Once it has thickened and mixed all the way add in your cayenne, yellow mustard, and sea salt.
Mix well and there you go... home made mayo.




My mom tells me this is how my Grandma used to make mayo.  
There you go, REAL mayo!
Why do you need to make this mayo? For chicken salad, no potato salad, sriracha aioli etc. 
This is somethings I always have on hand. 


No comments:

Post a Comment