Sunday, September 29, 2013

Preparation for the week


The chiefs won! 4-0!

I spent $70 at Aldi... I was not happy about this :( I came home and realized I bought double of some things I already had! Bummer.... good news... we need to get more calories/carbs/nutrients in our daily intake anyways! Trying to look on the bright side but I usually try to spend around $50.

So, Here is my prep and what I made to make my week easier.

Meatballs 

These meatballs are from Sarah Fragoso's Everyday Paleo cookbook. Check out her blog. It rocks.
Okay so here is the recipe:


  • 2 zucchinis
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 4 cups fresh whole-leaf spinach
  • 3 roasted red peppers (make them yourself
  • 2 cloves of garlic 
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees

Grate your zucchini and sweet potato and put in a large mixing bowl. This is how I chop things for my meatballs. The Vitamix! 
Put 2 chopped zucchini and your 2 garlic cloves in your vitamix and add water.  Don't pack it in there... 
Blend on speed 4 for a few seconds drain with a strainer and move it to a bowl large bowl. Repeat with your onion, sweet potato, roasted peppers, and spinach. 





It should look like this- 
Add your remaining ingredients and mix with your hands. 
Form into small balls. About the size of a golf ball or a bit bigger. 
Place in a deep oven safe dish. Tightly cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. 
Let sit 10 minutes before taking the foil off. 

Italian Seasoning

2 T dried basil
2 T dried oregano
2 T dried rosemary 
2 T dried marjoram 
2 T dried thyme 
2 T red pepper flakes



Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight container.


Mashed Cauliflower

Click on the heading and scroll down to where it says mashed cauliflower


Pot Roast Seasoning

1 1/4 T paprika 
1 T salt
1 t garlic powder 
1/2 t ground black pepper 
1/2 teaspoon onion powder 
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t dried thyme


Veggie Chopping time! 









Paleo Mexi-Ranch 

  • 1/2 cup Mayo 
  • 1 t dill
  • 1/2 t parsley
  • 1/4 t minced garlic 
  • 2 T HOT salsa 
  • 2 T whole fat coconut milk
Mix ingredients gently together and serve.




Well, there you go! Everything I prepared for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment