Sunday, September 22, 2013

Meal Plan 9-22


Meal Plan 9-22

Here is what I will be cooking for the week:


  • M-Whole Greek Chicken with Roasted sweet potatoes and Broccoli 
  • T-Chicken Salad
  • W-Fish Tacos with Spicy Slaw 
  • TH- Date night
  • F-Pork loin with Roasted Asparagus 


Grocery List
*vinegar needs to be on that list too!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone! Brady and I were going to go for a bike ride and I was making this post and looked over at my husband and found him like this... 


I guess we aren't going on a bike ride! Everyone deserves a nap though!! I may join him!


I am going to post a recipe for Chicken soup. One thing I love about cooking is how loose you can be with your ingredients.  This recipe is what worked for me.  Feel free to tweak or change it to fit your taste buds.   Our friend had a cold this weekend so I took them chicken soup.  Chicken Soup is good because it is an anti inflammatory and also is so comforting and hydrating when you have a cold! 

Chicken Soup
  • 4 chicken thighs 
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 6 cups water
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 t oregano
  • 1 t basil (or 1 fresh basil leaf)
  • 1 sprig rosemary
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 5 carrots
  • 3 celery stalks
  • Sea salt to taste
Chop your onion, carrots and celery. Combine all ingredients.  Let simmer (not boil) for 2 hours.  
Take out the chicken and rosemary and either chop or shred the chicken and discard the bones, skin, and rosemary. 
Add the chicken back in and continue to let simmer for 30 minutes.  Discard bay leaves and serve.  

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment